Hello there beloved,
I am so excited to finally have my own tiny space on the internet where I can share my writing. This has honestly been a long time coming and I figured what better way to introduce my website than with a post listing a few things about me that not a lot of people know.
1. I get really emotional when I eat. Some people do this in the shower but for me, my brain just decides it wants to have a mental breakdown while I’m eating a sandwich.
2. I have pica. This is a condition that makes people crave things of no nutritional value whatsoever. Basically my body nags me for the strangest things: On good days I just nibble plastic pen caps and crash ice between my teeth every couple of minutes. On bad days I struggle with stopping myself from destroying termite homes and shoving the dirt down my throat.
3. I used to draw comic books. Most of my friends already know that instead of solving math in school, I used to fill my notebooks with stories and poems. But only few of them know that I sometimes drew these storylines from start to finish. Sadly, I fell out of the habit after secondary school.
4. One of my favourite book genres is christian romance. I love sappy love stories and trust me it doesn’t get sappier than one revolving around God. A happy ending is almost always guaranteed but not without some thrilling trials and tribulations.
5. I have consumed an entire loaf of bread in one sitting on multiple occasions.
6. When I was 13 I got into carpentry. I made a stool, a briefcase, a jewellery box and several picture frames from scratch.
7. I was also into amateur bead art for a few years. I made a lot of jewellery; necklaces, waist beads, bracelets, earrings, you name it. I even decorated my notebook covers with bead patterns.
8. I love sweatshirts so much that sometimes I wear them on extremely hot days and just sit next to a fan.
9. I have regular sleep paralysis and a lot of lucid dreams. Suffice to say the quality of my sleep suffers. It can be so intense that sometimes the line between dream and reality can be blurred for a few hours even after I wake up. I go about my day before fully realising that “oh that was a dream,” or the complete opposite, “oh man, that wasn’t a dream at all.”
10. I sometimes spend hours of my day watching animated YouTube videos of blackholes devouring stars because I think it’s cool.
There you have it, ten odd things about me. What are random things about you that not a lot of people know? Be sure to share in the comment section.